3.31.2009

Hunters Education

Last Monday I took a big step in my Living With Wildlife class. A major portion of my grade is based on my participation in Hunters Education. This includes a written test as well as a shooting test. One of my good friends let me borrow his .22 for this adventure. He took me shooting a few times for practice, so I took his rifle to take the test. When I got to the range, my instructor took a look at the gun and asked if I wanted to use one of the rifles provided. His reasoning (logical) was that the guns provided had scopes and the gun I brought had open sights. While it was a tempting decision, I stuck with the familiar rifle. I had another instructor come by a few minutes later and ask me the same thing. Still, I stuck to the familiarity. Imagine my delight (and the pride-boost) when I got 27 out of 30 (15 is passing) and the highest score out of everyone there (that I saw, anyway.)

Definitely boosted my pride.

Anyway, long and short...



So, now I'm blogging about it while listening to a passionate DWR officer tell us about bail amounts for hunting citations... I should have stayed at work if I wanted to know about bail...

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ooo, that sounds fun. My friend Braden Jensen has to teach that class so I might take it if he needs someone to take it. Is Braden your teacher? Congrats on passing!

Roxy said...

He wasn't my teacher that night, but he's in the class... ha ha ha