11.15.2010

2 Dates in 2 Days


Okay, the joys of parenting is taking photos of your children as they go on dates. We have two pictures for you. Number 1 is Girls Choice at LHS. Haley Wellings asked Daniel to be her date. Despite a cold, exhaustion, and a few other issues, it was reported that the date was great. This picture reminds me of a show I did almost thirty years ago. It was a two magician "show de magia". My partner was not as vertically blessed as I was so we played off the height difference through the entire show. We had placed an orange box at the front of the stage. During the entire show, the audience wondered what it was for. Finally, as we took our final bow, my partner stepped up so that we were the same height. I should have held on to that box. Maybe I'll get Daniel one for Christmas. Might come in handy for future dates. I can see conversations in the future... Date:"That was a great evening" Daniel:"Yes it was, I had a great time" (as he places the box at the doorstep.) Date: "What's the box for?"Daniel: "Well, if you'll step right up, I'll have a better chance of hitting my target instead of feeling like Father Pepscialla blessing your forhead."
There are advantages to the box. First and foremost, said date can't run as fast for fear of falling off of the box. Second, If said date steps up on the box, chances are she knows what's coming!
And finally, if she boots you in the rear with a swift kick while you are placing the box in position, you are absolutely sure that the pursuit of said goal is superfluous.

No Box Needed:
Ah, the military ball. Air Force meets Belle. "Que Bella!" As the Merket's attended their first Air Force Ball, they graced us with their debonair style. It, too, was a great evening.

4 comments:

Mommason Hillary said...

yep - need a box! But that second date - wow awesome! (beautiful dress) Mike and Ashley love going to the Military ball - he's home for a 2 week leave - then back again to finish out his 3rd tour... How is Elder Carter?? Elder H is home on Dec 18... saweet...

Unknown said...

Mark and I are still laughing... Father Pepscialla... We miss you all!

john & Karen Carter said...

Miss you, too. Next time we go the art museum, we'll call to say hello!

Bonnie said...

Great pics! Love the orange box idea. When Mark and I were dating, we just used the steps leading from the kitchen to the back door in the old Maple Grove house Remember them? An orange box would have help close the gap a little better. :)