1.19.2011

Happy Birthday! Karencita, tan lindita!


"Hmmm, do you like my cake?"
"I don't need thirds, I had Parker's, too!"
"Wind, I need wind…"
"No fair, no help from the kids!"
Parker helping Uncle John frost the Schmidgens..
What are schmidgens? The part of the cake left behind when you dump it out. Usually paper thin, then frosted...Ummm, Ummm, delicious!


Just a quick post to share a great day. We started off with French toast, sugar free strawberries and cream for breakfast. Then, a busy day ending in a family dinner at Cafe Sabor! It was great. They honored the Birthday girl with a fried ice cream treat and a quicker than quick rendition of feliz cumpleaños a ti. So much fun. Then, after Daniel attended a team dinner/pep talk, and Kristina young women's, we had a full fledge celebration at our house. We honored Frank who had a birthday about a week ago with a Fat Free sugar cake (well, almost fat free, don't count the frosting) and Karen with a Sugar free version of the Chocolate cake. I think I actually liked the sugar free version better. Great cake, topped with sugar free whipped cream, strawberries nuked in the microwave and a special sugar free chocolate sauce. Yum, yum. You can see by the pictures that a grand time was had by all.
Karen, you are beautiful! Everyday more so!

May the year be sweet to your soul.

Roxy and Larry enjoying their corner of the sofa…
Twin Pea Coats... Very nice…
"okay, so I said I'd get you some more... on second thought, get it yourself, these are poison!"

"You are only taller because you are in front..."
"I've got them both beat...plus a shiner for sympathy from the girls"
lots and lots of gifts means lots and lots of love…
A hat to keep the ears toasty…
Happy Birthday, Karencita! We do love you!

No comments: