10.31.2008

Daddy Daughter Date (courtesy Lady Antebellum)

Once upon a time, there is this fabulous band called
Lady Antebellum.
(Look them up... they are FABULOUS!)

I love them. I played Dad their album. He loved them.  Then, by some stroke of fate, the group decided to grace Idaho Falls with their presence. And, at 2:30 pm on October 27, Dad & I decided we were going to go see them that same evening!

I left work a little early and we drove up to Idaho Falls. I love Daddy/Daughter dates because of the car rides alone! Me and my Daddy are BFFs, so it was great to have the drive to talk about anything and everything. We got to Idaho Falls about an hour before the concert started, picked up our tickets, and went for a walk down by the temple and the falls. (I try to look tall in pictures sometimes...)


We had some of the last seats available, but we could still hear and see GREAT! Their CD is fantastic, and so was their concert! Wow! Concert pictures never really work out, but I tried anyway...

In front of the theater, after the show:

We hung around after the concert long enough to catch the band as they were leaving! The band is comprised of 2 guys and 1 girl, plus their "band." The lead guy, Charles Kelley, is 6'6" (and stinking attractive, I might add!) and very down-to-earth. Dad snapped a quick picture while we posed... (I think this is my new favorite picture ever!)

All in all, it was a fabulous evening: great music, great company, and most importantly, great memories!
Thanks for such a great time Dad! While the concert was great, I would have done it again just for the car ride! 


1 comment:

Ben and Summer said...

Wow, you guys have a ton of fun together. This blog is inspiring! This is Summer Kaufman, I used to be in Bishop Carter's Aggie Village ward. I need to email him, so could someone give me his email address?? Pretty please? You can email me at skyegirl1@gmail.com, or just leave a comment on my blog - which is not as fun as this one is.

PS - if I were you, that would be my new favortie picture too, Roxy!