2.15.2009

What a Week!!!

I feel like it has been AGES since I posted to this blog!
In reality, it has only been 10 days, but in February, that's over 1/3 of the month. Ha ha...


Last weekend our cousins James and Bridgette came down with Grandma Kenna.
Saturday night, James, Bridgette, Toph, and I headed to Provo
to see a concert by newly discovered Chris Merritt.
(One of his songs plays on this blog, if you're interested.)
Anyway, we headed down after some crazy adventures in the morning.


We first stopped to see Alana. She was getting ready for a dance with her adorable BF Phil.
Check out how cute they are!
After she was ready to go, we met up with a few of James' old companions
and another friend of his for dinner at this great Chinese buffet.
Shortly after that, we headed to The Velour,
a little hole-in-the-wall venue on University Avenue.
There were 3 acts that night. The first two were anything but memorable.
Chris Merritt was last and was FABULOUS!


Waiting for Chris Merritt to start:

Toph and I shouldn't be allowed to go places together. :)
We have 80+ pictures from our waiting... Here's the best one!


Chris Merritt and his bass player...
I accidentally cut off their drummer, but he was... well...
Let's just say you're not missing much!


Us with Chris Merritt!
Right before this picture he said "Is it OK if I awkward smile?"
I'm really glad he did! Ha ha ha...


Right outside the Velour there is this random piece of modern art.
James and Bridgette were big fans... ;)



~

The last 2 weekends I've been snowshoeing a few times as well.
Friday night, I went with my friend Dayton for an "evening snowshoe adventure"
and what an adventure it was!
We climbed around on what was never a trail for about 30 minutes
until we hit the turning point of the mountain.
It was nearly straight up!
We climbed to the top and witnessed an amazing view!
We decided we'd be irresponsible adults and NOT take the smart way down.
(Translation
: We're heading straight down the cliff. :D )
You can get an idea of the steep-ness from the following pictures:


We're hardcore.

Dayton is standing straight up in this picture.
Yeah, we survived.
It was an avalanche waiting to happen! Ha ha ha...


Here's another angle. Yep, I'm standing straight up!
We decided we're pretty much the most hardcore snowshoers in existence. EVER. :D


Until next time...


1 comment:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You are hard core! I neef your muscles so I can be hard core too!