4.19.2009

Life is changing!

The Cantata went fantastically. It was a perfect year, yet again.
We will have pictures on here very soon...

I know I've been a slacker in the blog area the last few weeks,
but I've got good reason why:

I'm engaged!!!

So, as of Wednesday, I have a fiancé.
Crazy, eh?


Let's see... questions you might want answers to...

What's his name?
Larry Merket. He's from North Logan.

How did we meet?
Through a "mutual friend." Ha ha...
Translation: my ex-boyfriend was his old mission companion.
I wrote to him and ended our relationship in September.
Larry ran into him right before he came home in November.
Ex told Larry to look me up and see what had happened,
if there was another boy, yada yada yada, and we hit it off!
He's perfect for me!

How did he propose?
We went for a walk (like we do almost every night).
I knew it was coming.
Larry slowed down at a few significant spots in our relationship,
just to toy with my emotions.
We wound up at my favorite spot on the temple grounds.
As I was looking up at the temple he dropped to one knee,
popped out the ring and asked if I would marry him.
I said "Yes!!" about a million times.
And then we walked home.

When's the big day?
August 8. Mark the date!

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

A few side notes:
When Larry asked my Dad's permission,
my dad decided it would be fun to have
the conversation in the Bishop's office, not at home.
Ha ha ha...

Also, Larry picked out the ring
without any assistance from me.
He did a FABULOUS job if I do say so myself!




Also, we decided to do some preliminary wedding dress shopping today.
After 2 short hours of trying dresses on, we had found the dress!
You read that right:
Less than 2 hours and I found THE dress.
Thanks to Melinda at Avonlea Bridal for her wonderful assistance!

Stay tuned...

10 comments:

dbsbamj said...

Yaaaa for ROXY! Actually, YAAA for Larry! He found himself a good woman. I was just about to e-mail you to find out who that boy was in your facebook pic and now I know. Lots of congratulatory (did I spell that right?) hugs and kisses from the Passeys

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

CONGRATS! Your ring is awesome :) LOVE IT! Im so excited for you, I love the way you write; you explain it in the cutest way! Woot!

Carmel said...

thats awesome Roxanne...very great news! pretty ring too...

oh, and just so you know, its a good thing you went dress shopping now, because it actually (generally) takes about 3 months to order it in and then have the alterations done if you need any...I figured that out when I went shopping, and then my mom had to remember it this time around for my sister (who's getting married 10 days after you).

anywho...CONGRATS!!!! we're so happy for you!!

Chris and Marissa said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! I can't believe you already found the dress. I wish you could post some pictures :) But I guess I should give Larry a little credit... he's managed to turn on the computer before.

HolmesWare said...

Congrats Roxy! That's so exciting!

Janalee said...

I was talking to your dad today and he told me all about it!! I am so excited for you!!! beautiful ring! he has good taste in the ring and you!!;)

Heather said...

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Shepherd clad is THRILLED! The best news I've had in a while :) Can I come? I'll be doing a vocal competition and will be in "town". YEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!

Jody and Lacey said...

Congrats Rox! I better get an announcement! That ring is delightful! Mine looks very similar and I just LOVE it! You are a cute couple.

The Bests said...

We are sooooooo excited for you Roxy! Make sure to send us an invite because we wouldn't want to miss your special day! Congratulations! We knew something was up with you guys when we saw you at Toph's farewell :) We are so happy for you- send our love to everyone!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Now I know the scoop! Ex-boyfriend missionary companion! Very smooth:) Congrads!!!