4.18.2009

Love Elder Carter

hola?
how are you all?  just so you know, this keyboard is being...not so great and is not permitting me to do exclamation marks.  so there may be a lot of questions in this letter because that is what is coming out...

anywho, this week was wonderful?  the sky is f?lli?g d?w? the sky is f?lli?g d?w?....  ?k.  this keyb???rd is messed ?p.  i''m g?i?g t? switch c?mp?ters s? it is ?t le?st re?d?ble...  s?d thi?g is i ??ly h?ve 13 mi??tes
 
 
Ok, I switched computers.  !  exclamation mark works.  The a button works.  All is well in zion.

So, the sky is falling down.  It has been pouring the last two days.  This morning we almost drowned on the way to the temple.  The worms were all over the sidewalk basking in the water and muck.  I tried not to step on them.  I feel damp and soggy.  haha but I love it!
I did sealings at the temple today.  It was so cool!  The gospel is so true and families are forever and ever!!  I'm so blessed to have you, my family as those I am with forever!
Elder Holland came and spoke to us yesterday :)  I'm so lucky!  If I play my .. not cards.. right then we might get to hear three in the short time that we are here.  But, he spoke about missions.  How they are amazing and how we have to be converted.  He talked about why the discussions aren't memorized.  It is because people would come home from their missions and then fall away from the church.  Pres. Hinkley said that this cannot happen!  and must not happen.  THus, preach my gospel was born.  it is merely a tool to help the missionary truly know the gospel.  To be able to teach effectively and by the spirit.  He said to always be a diciple of Christ and never turn my back on him.  I won't!  I love him so much and he has done so much for me.  This is the least I can do. . . giving two years back to him.
But, it was intense.  Elder Holland gets fired up.. but I had never seen him this fired  up before!  We pretty much got a talking to.  Don't be stupid was something he said.  So, take that advice.  Don't be stupid :)
I lost one of my companions to spain :'(   I guess he is supposed to be there..  But it feels kind of empty without him.  The night before he left we took some sweet jumping pictures.  :)  i'll try and get some to you.  BUt, my time is almost out.  Sorry if there are any errors in this, but my computers were weird.  But, I love you all so much!
The easter Egg hunt was amazing!  Twister was the favorite and most coveted prize.  I loved it so much!  It made me feel like I was back at home.  In a not homesick way.  It was a blast!
I love the music!   It is so so amazing!  I am going to go check out a violin tomorrow morning so I can play it.  One of the hermanas in my district can almost play the piano part.. so we'll have to work on it...
I love you all so much!  Glad to hear grandma is feeling better.  
Glad cantata went so well.  ONe of the people in the presidency of my branch had heard of it.  I said my parents wrote it :)  I brag..

Love you all so so so much!!
Love, 
Elder Carter 

No comments: