5.20.2009

Alive and well in...



Sorry, It's been so long since you have heard from me.. and you won't get any letters this week either, (I decided to clean my bathroom for my P-day activity) (It was almost alive...)
It was so good to talk to you on .. Was it tuesday? I have lost track already.
it sounds like everyone is doing so good and so happy!!
I'm half tempted not to tell you where I am.. though I will by the end of this
message. Pinky promise..
There is a temple 15 minutes away from here.. but it is across the border and we aren't allowed to go..
Did you know? That my mission is the HOTTEST mission in the world? This isn't
just my opinion either.. it is the HOTTEST mission in the world according to
church statistics. Also, whatever isn't dead wants you dead.. Like Cactus for
example. And pretty trees covered in spikes. And poisonous flowers. But it is
GORGEOUS!!! I love the desert. And that's mostly in Tucson area (there's a hint
where I'm not) Where i am is actually cooler than tucson. It's kind of like
logan but 20 degrees warmer.. and there are palm trees. I saw mexico while
driving here and it took 6 hours!! (long drive. I wanted to be out teaching..)
We are across the street from the most dangerous city in the world (on average
14 people are murdered each day) Though the city i am in is one of the safest in
america. The people are wonderful and kind!

Guess yet? I'll give you a hint...
In ticket to ride there is something that may or may not resemble a [behind]
stretching from LA to houstan.. in the middle of that is "the pass" or EL
PASO!!!!!

Yep Yep Yep. I'm in El Paso, Texas! And I love it. The people are amazing and
it is such a joy to be here. My companion is Elder Wiscombe from Salt lake
area. He's pretty much awesome.
The work here is moving along. It's really hard to tract though.. because
everyone is "devotedly catholic" So we work tons with the members and referals
(PS give the missionaries in Logan some good referals. There are always so many
people who need the gospel.
Anyway, we've tracted a couple times. We had a runin with a minister. She was
very nice, but didn't want to hear anything about the restored gospel. Then
there was a lot of people who don't answer..
Everyone needs this gospel. THey just do not know it yet. I'm always saddened
when people recognize but don't realize what we have.
The people here are so nice. They'll let us in, get us a drink and then refuse
to listen. Not everyone mind you. . . Because we have had the opportunity to
teach a lot. It's wonderful! I love teaching. Some people just don't get it.
And I pray and pray for them to pray. Because if they pray with real intent
then they will recieve and anser. So, pray more for the people. That there
hearts will be softened. It's a great work. And the spirit is so so strong all
the time.
If you invite someone to be taught by the missionaries,
do it in our house. The spirit of the Lord is so strong there! and if not, go
with the missionaries and share your testimony. Help them teach. By the mouth
of 2-3 whitnesses..
5 minutes left...
OH! There is an incredible family who are getting baptized
this saturday! i'M SO SO SO excited for them. They are so ready and they know
this gospel is true. God answers prayers. Other than that, we need to find
more people to teach.
Anyway, I love you all so much! THe sun is hot and I love it!

1 comment:

Jody and Lacey said...

What a wonderful man you have there. The people in El Paso are so very lucky! He will change lives