8.08.2010

If only life were so magical…

Just a short blogito!

We were driving home from attending the Boize music festival (okay, Boise, just wanted to tease Karen) after standing for hours and hours and listening to some medium level rock and roll amidst rowdy fans....
and I said, "I wish I could hear RUSH". Not thinking anything of it, but only wishful thinking... trying to find a music that could really energize my soul. As I was checking my email, I saw a banner saying "Check Lady Antebellum tour dates". Well, having seen Lady Antebellum the weekend before the exploded on the music scene (I remember that concert well... Roxanne and I, last minute tickets, 3 rows apart, but there in Idaho Falls, Idaho! We even stayed after on the street, knowing they had to come out one of the backstreet doors to a waiting van. Roxanne and I and about 4 others were lucky enough to take pictures with them that evening... fun, but I disgress....)
Well, as I looked at their tour date, I saw that RUSH was playing the USANA in salt lake in about 7 days. No way. I didn't even know they were still alive (actually, the top selling band in history after the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.... Also, one of the best drummers of all time, Neal Peart who I found out later drives a motorcycle from concert to concert all across america and canada. He even blogs about it. Crazy. www.neilpeart.com
So, no one wanted to go. But I bought a ticket anyway. Stopped in to see Cooper, Amanda and the Kids who live almost next door to the USANA (thanks, btw, for the hospitality. I love your family.) I got in and found a great spot on the grass. What an incredible concert. Everything I had hoped to hear. They played for three hours and it was great. They played my favorite piece for their encore, "La Villa Enstrangiato" (or something like that... I used to make my University students take a section of that piece and reorchestrate it in our synth class).
So, next I wish I could hear… Karen and John live with full orchestra.

(sorry for the fragments and the partials... Sometimes I think jagged...)



No comments: