12.05.2008

Why I Ruv Correge...

So, I'm in college. In the United States. I really love it, despite my GPA. ;) Back to the whole US part, though... I am NOT racist at all. Please don't interpret this post in that way... But I have a professor who is Asian and has a very thick accent. The class is retail management, but I refer to it as Retairing (said with my newly learned accent.)  Case in point: It took us two weeks to figure out that when she said "Calloggs" she was actually saying Catalogs, not talking about corn flakes.  It took us the same amount of time to figure out that when she said "Infintree"she was talking about Inventory, not war. 
***Please refer to the bottom of the post for more retair-isms***

ANYWAY, it is important to understand the accent to understand the story. Tuesday, November 25 was the last day of class before the Thanksgiving holiday. My dear professor wished us a happy weekend in the following matter: 
*NOTE: please read misspelled words  phonetically to get the full effect*

I hope you arr hab a belry happee sexgiving. Sexgiving is such a wondelfoh horriday. I hope you arr hab a wondelfoh sexgiving horriday. Sexgiving is... sexgiving... hav a wondelfoh sexgiving horriday!

So, as you can imagine, we're a bunch of college students DYING of laughter in the middle of class. Throughout the entire break, actually. To add to the humor of the weekend, I had a friend share a funny quote: "Drive carefully. 90% of people are caused by accidents." :) (This comes into play later, I promise)

We get back to class a week later, following the sexgiving holiday, not expecting to hear our new favorite holiday name ever again. However, last Tuesday's beginning lecture went as follows:

I hope you arr had a belry happy sexgiving horriday. How was your sexgiving? Did you get rots? Did you eat rots of food? I hope your sexgiving was wondelfoh. 

HA HA HA. As if once wasn't enough... I was DYING!!! To keep myself from laughing OUT LOUD, I texted my friend who shared the quote with me earlier in the break. I told him we were just wished a happy sexgiving again about 4 times in a row... to which he responded: "Did you tell her yes, but you drove safely so its ok?"

Needless to say, I laughed out loud in the middle of class. Oh dear...


Happy Sexgiving Back.



Additional Retair-isms:
Mohmahn: Nordsrtom (ie: I hate mohmans. They not ohrganyzed belry good.)
Ah-Ee-Aye: R.E.I. (ie: Does anyone oldeh a callogg from ah-ee-aye?)
Caberas: Cabelas (ie: Caberas is a destination store. You shop derr often?)
Sex 5th Avenue: Saks 5th Ave. (this one needs no explanation...)
Frip Frop: Flip Flop (ie: What they sell at stores like mohmahn...)

4 comments:

The Bests said...

Cooper and I are laughing so hard that we are crying!! Don't you love going to college in the good old US of A? We love you guys! Say hi to the rest of our Logan family.

meg said...

I just remembered my favorite. One day she started saying "Weeglies" and we had no idea what she was talking about. Turns out, days later, we learned it was "Wrigley's" gum.

demarious said...

if you didn't have a sense of humor how could you be in this class. i am still laughing
(how does she grade?)

Roxy said...

To the Bests: I'm glad it made you laugh! Lots of love from your Logan family!

To Meg: Ha ha... :) Weegleys... HA HA HA... Haven't heard that one yet...

To Grama: you're right. I HAVE to keep a sense of humor to stay in the class! Ha ha... Love you!!