6.11.2009

California!

After hiking the Narrows, I met Larry half way between Ogden and St. George. He was done with drill on his birthday! We made plans to head to California for a few days before he had to leave again for Army. After a rendezvous in Scipio, we turned back around and headed for Anaheim! Because it was Larry's birthday, I wanted to make the day a little special. He had spent half the day with smelly army boys, and would spend the other half in a little Jetta. So, I pulled off at a rest stop equipped with picnic tables. I had come prepared with hostess cupcakes, 24 candles, and a lighter.

Larry liked his birthday cake.

We made it to Anaheim fairly late. Monday morning we woke up bright and... later in the morning. We went to visit Larry's parents and sister at work, where the students performed the Music Man. They did a great job with one of my favorite musicals. After school was out, we headed to the beach! We walked along Newport Beach for a few hours. It was so wonderful!

We had a barbeque with both sides of the family that evening to celebrate Larry's birthday. It was there that I got to meet everyone! They are a great family!

The next day we went to Disneyland! I haven't been since I was 5! Larry and I had SO much fun!!

What a stud. :)

We rode everything possible! We played like little kids without adult supervision. It was so much fun!

Toontown was crazy. That's the real sky in the picture! I know, it looks fake!

We were sure to try a famous corn dog while at Disneyland. I recommend one to everyone! All the rides were great. Larry was a fantastic tour guide, making sure I experienced the magic of this people trap operated by a mouse!

The next day we went to the beach again, this time to play! Larry's parents joined us as we went to Laguna Beach.

We spent a little while playing in the tide pools. Larry's mom taught us that if you push down on a closed sea anemone they squirt water! Try it next time you see one. Its a riot!

The beach was great! We boogie boarded and played until we were worn out!

That evening, Larry's mom and sisters were kind enough to give me a bridal shower. All the ladies from the family were there to party. My dear friend Alana drove out to join us as well! It was so much fun to see her!

The boys went to dinner while the girls partied. They joined us when all the partying had died down. Larry's cousins Katrina and Lucas enjoyed the leftover whipped cream...

We had a fabulous time in California! Many thanks go out to Larry's whole family who showed us a fantastic time! I can't wait to see them all again in August! It was nice to spend some time with Larry before he left for annual training, too... Let the wedding planning continue!

1 comment:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

He looks like a silly,goofy guy! He will fit in great with your family!!!