6.11.2009

Weekend Adventures continue...

I've been itching for weeks to have another weekend adventure.
My friend Dayton provided such an opportunity at the end of May.
Larry wasn't able to come due to drill the same weekend.
I dropped him off at drill and then headed down to
Southern Utah to play in Zions National Park.
Dayton had gathered a group together to hike down the Narrows.
It's a 16 mile hike that takes an average of 12 hours from the top down.
Dayton's mom took all eight of us to the top, and we began our adventure down!

Here's us, before we got started...

The Narrows were absolutely beautiful!
We waded through the Virgin River over half the journey.
Each and every step held a new breathtaking view.

There is a three mile stretch called Wall Street where the rock shoots straight up
and you literally wade through the river because there is no where else to place your step.

I know, I know... my pants are pretty hot, huh? :)

I was my own photographer throughout the journey. (Hence the thumbs up!)

Dayton and I on a pile of sticks. A very large pile of sticks.

This was one of my favorite pictures from the day. I love sun flare!

We made it in 11 hours! It was such a glorious sight to see
the tram taking us back to the visitors station!

Very fortunately, all eight of us survived. :)
We found a very nice lady to take our picture as proof of our survival.

I recommend the Narrows to anyone... but be prepared! Its a tough adventure!

No comments: