11.09.2009

Who here doesn't know Christopher?



Today when we read Christopher's missionary letter I was reminded about the time I invited both Roxanne and Christopher to come to Laurel Training Camp and sing with me as I was a speaker for their evening activity.  I thought I would introduce Christopher before he sang.  I said to the girls "This is my son Christopher, then realizing that he went to school with many of the girls I asked "How many of you know Christopher?  Raise your hand if you know Christopher."  Hundreds of hands shot up.  Amazed I said, "Who doesn't know Christopher?"  One girl timidly raised her hand,  and said "I don't know him, but I just moved here."  So I introduced Christopher to her.

Christopher is still in Horizon, TX.  He is training a brand new missionary and having the time of his life.  This new companion is from Hawaii and sings too!  He has been serving as a district leader for the past few months, but has been released so he can concentrate on training.  He is teaching lots of people and some of them have chosen to be baptized soon.    We are proud of him.  He is working hard and loving every minute of his mission.  He has been out in the field nearly 8 months!

3 comments:

Tanna said...

What an incredible boy you have there. I remember the first time we met Christopher. We had just moved into our house on 2nd south. It was the summer of 2003. We were out front and he was walking to the church. He introduced himself and welcomed us to the neighborhood. Jed and I were so shocked that this young boy was out welcoming us.

Mommason Hillary said...

HEY! Logan Tabernacle! I believe? Looks pretty familiar... I could be wrong. I can't wait to hear him sing someday. Give him our love.

Heather said...

I count myself among the blessed many who have the privilege to know Elder Carter- I think I see a few more people that I am blessed to have in my life too. Love you guys!