2.18.2008

A little bit of Belgium...

I decided, after being here a month, that I should explore Brussels a little bit! I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I decided to hit the Grand Place. It's the "thing to see." It is actually really sweet. I was there on Saturday, 9 February. There was a wedding party coming out of the building pictured below. Tons of people. Lots and lots of tourists! :) The Grand Place is a big square with buildings and shops all around. The architecture is amazing. The detail is unimaginable! It is like buildings made of intricate lace. 





Before I came to Brussels, many people told me I had to see the Manneken Pis. It is located close to the main section of the Grand Place. I'm not going to lie, I was expecting something a little... Grander, if you will! The statue is about 2 feet high. It's just a little boy peeing. Random, I know. The best part is that they (I don't know who they is, just "they") dress him up in a different outfit every month. I saw him in his "February" outfit... A sweet cape sure to attract all the ladies!

No comments: