2.04.2008

Weekend in Germany!

Well, here's the coolest weekend ever! In pictures! Uncle Mike and Aunt Debbie came to Brussels to pick me up. This is the Grand Place (Said "plahs") where we met. Way cooler than meeting at a gas station, don't you think?



We drove through Luxembourg to get to Germany (which makes 3 countries in one day! Belgium, Luxembourg, and Germany!) This is a sunset in Germany as we were driving.


Mike, Debbie, and Shanna took me into Heidelberg Saturday night where we saw this sweet blown-up castle! It was awesome! This is me next to the Eye of the Needle. It is talked about it the bible. Matthew 19:24. Look it up. It probably took me longer to find the reference than it will for you to find it! :)

This is Heidelberg, viewed from the castle. The river is named Neckar. It was beautiful!
Here's a sweet view of the castle (the part that's not blown to bits.)
The castle is in the top of this picture (the big thing all lit up). We walked all the way up 300-some stairs to get there! Wahoo for legs! It really is a blessing that I can do this all, and not have to be bed-ridden because of the clots! What a blessing!

Sunday we went to the Nanstein castle, which you can see from Mike and Debbie's back patio. It was incredible!!! This is the view from the castle. 
And this is a view from the other direction. This one is actually my favorite view of them all!
Looking down from a higher part of the castle...
The castle was built around 1150 ad for a king named "Red Beard" of Barbarossa. Sounds a little pirate-y, eh?
See that little red blob? That's me, pretending I'm a princess!
Sweet arch with a sweet view!

More of the Nanstein castle...
The castle is built from the mountain. It's difficult to tell when the mountain stops and the castle begins! In this picture, you can see the rock really well on the bottom left, and the actual castle on the top left.
Stairs to the dungeon...
The dungeon! It's actually a lot darker than this, I just have an incredibly flashy camera! ;) It was pretty musty, but so awesome!
Here's Mike, Debbie, and Shanna. They showed me a fabulous weekend!




The other highly significant part of this weekend is that I fulfilled a dream. I drove on the Autobahn!!! Mike let me drive his BMW until the France border. Talk about adrenaline! There just aren't words! I hit a top speed of about 130 mph, but went cruising for a while at about 120 mph! Absolutely living a dream! Castles and Speed all in one day! This picture is my entrance to speed heaven... *Sigh* It was wonderful!





No comments: