2.15.2008

A Short Story entitled "Heaven is Brown"

I feel inspired to tell you a story...

HEAVEN IS BROWN
a short story by Roxanne
written for her family

Chapter 1: Starting my day...
Once upon a time, it was Feb 15. I woke up and got all ready to go. Sister Passey gave me and all my stuff a ride back to my apartment so I wouldn't have to worry about it all while I was in Ireland this weekend. I was about 5 minutes late for work, but it was ok. I arrived with the knowledge that it would be a stressful day. I had many projects to start, and at least 2 meetings, one of which was at 9:30... I scrambled to get everything ready for that meeting, barely hearing the doorbell ringing at 9:20...

Chapter 2: The 9:30 Meeting...
I printed off everything I needed for my meeting. Power point outline, flyer outline, notes from the last meeting... I grabbed my pen and all the papers needed, then headed to Doram's office... I sat down, ready to discuss all the crazy projects I had going on, when I saw it. It's taped cardboard glistened in the sunlight shining through the windows. Doram put his hand on it and said, in passing, "this just arrived for you."

Chapter 3: Heaven...
The meeting was surprisingly successful, considering the distraction sitting on my lap! I couldn't help but smile at the package label: This parcel includes a gift." Why not be honest, I thought? The parcel IS a gift. The whole thing, down to the tape holding the box together. All of it. A wonderful Valentine's gift!!

Chapter 4: Opening the Cube of Goodness...
After my meeting, I could not get up the stairs fast enough! I carefully cut away the tape, and slowly opened the box. To my delight, sitting in the middle of beautiful red tissue paper was a large box. Neuhaus was written gracefully across the paper. However, the beauty of the wrapping was nothing compared to the goodness inside! Each chocolate, so perfectly decorated, sat in utter excitement of its new future inside my stomach. :) I carefully chose one off the top, following intense studying of the enclosed reading material. Millenaire. Gianduja with crisped rice. I took a small bite, overcome with a feeling of delight. It was incredible. I have never eaten chocolate so slowly. Each bite melted in my mouth, passing my lips only to engulf every tastebud in a sweet, smooth embrace. Heaven. I had no idea Heaven was so brown!

Epilogue...
Each chocolate is being enjoyed slowly and individually. It is, by far, the best day at work thus far, and I don't anticipate anything surpassing it!

The end.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

No comments: