6.21.2008

The Beach


Well, its been a few days since I've posted. We went to the market on our first day and I saw this sign... In Israel... hmmm...

After the market, we spent the day at the beach! We were a 10 minute walk from the Mediterranean Sea! Can you believe it!?! We walked down a little sandy path to get there...
Isn't Mama cute?



Note to self: stay behind the camera...


In Israel, everyone is required to join the army when they are 18. Boys serve for 3 years, while girls only serve for 2. While we were at the beach, about 4 groups of the boys in the army were training... running on the sand and doing push-ups in the sea... It was pretty interesting to watch. See if you can spot the helicopter in this picture...


Here's mama and I, in the sunset!


We turned around and saw that the sun was casting HUGE shadows down the sand. We tried doing yoga poses in the sand, but that failed miserably! :)


Towards the end of the day, we saw a group of the army boys a little ways down the beach. Mama dared me (with the reward of a French Silk Pie when we get home) to go see if I could get their picture... So, I went down and asked if they spoke English. After which, I got a picture with them. Aren't they cute? ;) I had to stand in front because some of the boys don't touch girls for religious reasons... Which was not a problem because who, in their right mind, would want to touch smelly, sweaty, army bodies? (me! me! me! j/k)


The nice army boys offered to take a picture of Mama and me... Aren't we cute?


This is one of my favorite pictures so far. Every sunset is a little different, but just as beautiful as the next. It is absolutely amazing to watch the sun sink right into the sea, and the colors are breathtaking... here's a small sample...

No comments: