6.22.2008

The Point of This All...

For those who don't know, the whole reason there was a trip to Israel in the first place is because I (Roxy) was invited to present at the Export Institute Seminar in Tel Aviv. This all came about because of a few things... most of you (if you are blog fans) know that I lived in Brussels, Belgium for a marketing internship with a company called Obelis. The last month or so I was there, my boss, Doram, came to me and told me about a seminar taking place in June. He had just returned from Israel (as he is Israeli) and told the man in charge (on a whim, it sounded like) that Obelis would be presenting on the WEEE directive (a European law about recycling electronic waste). The man's eyes got wide and he became very excited, so Doram had the whole 4 hour trip home to think about what to do. As it turns out, this was the very directive I had been researching! He asked me to present at the seminar because I knew the directive the best. Initially, he wanted me to stay another 4 months, but something about that didn't feel right. So, we worked out a nice little deal that the company would fly me to Israel to present in June. 

And here we are! Today is the day that has made this all possible! I am actually still in the seminar, but most of it is in Hebrew so I don't feel bad blogging during it all. :) I was the second to present this morning, out of eight presenters, and it went so well! 
Thanks for all the prayers in my behalf...

Check out that pretty Mac! :)

2 comments:

john & Karen Carter said...

...is to make more records.
btw, I like the mac (you could have had a bigger house!)

Roxy said...

Studio on Sunset...

Cut another record...

Why don't you go see if you can visit the cockpit! Tell 'em its your birthday!