1.17.2008

Obelis


Well, I've been here long enough that I can maybe explain what it is that I'm doing here in Belgium. Obelis, the company where I am working, is run by an Israeli family that has moved to Belgium. The law in Israel is such that medical companies cannot export to other countries that are not Muslim countries. So, Obelis buys the product from them, slaps their name on it, and distributes it to the EU. That's it in a nut shell. It's really much more complicated, but to explain it would take words I don't know. My job is fairly complicated. I am in charge of a research project to form a new aspect of the company. I am also in charge of another branch. They have deemed me the "OLOS officer." I'm still trying to figure that one out. :) It is a really close-knit group of people. We work out of a house-turned -office. My favorite part is the stop where I get off the tram. These pictures are of Meiser station. One is what it looks like when I arrive (in the morning). The other is what it looks like when I leave at night. There are about 7 streets merging into one round-about. The drivers are crazy! They do stop for pedestrians. Throw in about 4 different tram tracks and 2 very randomly positioned stoplights and you have one of the craziest turn-abouts in Brussels! The tram is on the opposite side of the circle, so to get to work we get to walk around and witness this all!

No comments: