1.31.2008

Taxipost

Today was a most wonderful day for many reasons. First of all, I discovered that, while there are many funny things in life, one of the most hysterical is this: (close your eyes, and picture if you will...) French rap. Add to it 3 teenage boys dressed in tight clothes dancing like telly tubbies. I about died laughing. The end.

Actually, not the end at all, because today I received Heaven in a box! Two days ago, I had a little letter on my stairs that, roughly translated, said I had missed a delivery for a package and I had 2 options: 1) Call and schedule a redelivery or 2) Go and pick it up myself. Well, being logical, I determined to call and reschedule a delivery. HA! The soonest they could come was in a week! Knowing what was in the package, I said "Heck no!" and went on another adventure to the Taxipost. I get off work at 6. They close at 7. I had directions to "Get off the metro stop Bizet and walk down the road." This is the kind of directions I get everywhere. They never tell you which of the 7 or 8 roads at the metro station to walk down. Just walk. Well, I found it, after asking a nice fellow who spoke "a leetle" English where in heavens name I was. I arrived to receive the goodness at 18:54 (6 minutes until they closed!) AAUGH!!! It was totally worth it. I savored every single bite of cookie and fudge on my way home!

It is also important to note that I shared. :) Jana had never even heard of a sugar cookie when I got here, so I was able to share the goodness with her and a few of her friends. They LOVED it! She was curious what all that stuff on the top was. (Frosting!) I never knew it was such an American cookie...

Anyway, that's a picture of me with my Box O' Goodness. Thanks Grama!

No comments: